Then Cristina Ferrare impressed us with her life story, and provided these nuggets of wisdom:
- Confront “What if?” and ask the scary questions
- Do not be afraid to acknowledge your gift: “find it, recognize it, nurture it, own it.”
- Do your homework by finding out as much as you can
- Make a business plan, if you don’t know how ask for help
- Always be open to new opportunities and recognize when you begin to sabotage yourself
- Network with other people who share your passions
- Be aggressive in the pursuit of your dreams
“Be your own best friend.
You are worth investing time and energy in.
You deserve to make your dream come true
as much as the next person.”
~ Holly Becker
Following Cristina was Holly Becker who shared how her challenges eventually led her to a loving relationship and her decorating career. She emphasized:
- Regret is worse than fear. Take on your fear so you won’t have regrets
- A happy ending is possible from any beginning
- Never give up on your personal truth
- Obstacles are a way to prove how much you want something
- Talent, persistence, consistency and passion are important but love is essential
- Avoid analysis paralysis
- Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
~Gandhi (per Holly Becker)
I am not regretting submitting the butterflies to Dick Blick. On Thursday my heart skipped with joy when I saw my 12×12 entry hanging among 148 beautiful pieces. The opening was a madhouse of people shopping for discounts during the Dick Blick Madness sale, but most people did glance up at the walls as well.
May your heart skip with joy this week!