Yesterday I spent time in the studio to replenish my stakes.
I have placed most of them at The Evanston Pop Up Gallery, and a few larger ones are at Green Edens Horticultural Services, which meant I had ‘sold out’ of ladybugs and dragonflies in my personal stash. So I started playing on Now That’s a Jig to replenish for the Handmade Market on Saturday. A few were bent into abstract shapes.
I also made three ladybugs. Then I played with alcohol inks. Some are meant for metal as a patina, and these will hold up well outside when I have figured out how to cover all the steel. Application is still experimental.
The pure alcohol inks may fade over time, I will need to look at my outside dragonfly to see how it looks after a long winter. As always, combining colors of tissue paper scraps is fun for these designs. Cutting them was a bit tricky with the way the infinities ones turned out, but no one got hurt!
I blinged up some of the stakes and enjoyed going through my bead stash to see what could be functional both indoors and outdoors.
The crystals look pretty.
For the Ladybugs I used fabric scraps from a little pack I got ages ago. I think it’s cotton.
It is a bit more tricky to cut the waxed fabric, but I know the fabric is more sturdy for the outdoors, and I just like playing with polkadots.
I also made a springy pendant.
My mask was getting grimey so it got a spring cleaning last night as well.
So hopefully these will wander off at the Handmade Market on Saturday.
If not, you’ll see them at my May pop-ups!