On Thursday evening you will find me at the Evanston Pop Up Gallery for the Downtown Sip & Stroll. The stroll takes place June 21 from 5 pm to 8 pm in Downtown Evanston.
Sip, shop and stroll your way through downtown Evanston on the fourth annual Downtown Sip & Stroll (formerly called the Wine Walk)! Stop in at the businesses listed below to sample a range of wines (or other beverages) and take advantage of special sales and promotions. Check in at Bottle & Bottega Evanston (1016 Davis St.) or Vinic Wine (1509 Chicago Ave.) to get a wristband and Sip & Stroll map.
After, stop by Fountain Square plaza to enjoy live music by Chip Ratliff and the Dirty BluCrue! as part of our Thursday Night Live concert series! The event is free! You must be 21 or older to get a wristband — IDs are required.
I updated my shelf with new pieces recently and saw that a lot of new vendors have cropped up at the Pop Up Gallery.
Participating businesses include:
- Vinic Wine | 1509 Chicago Ave. [Check-in here!]
- gigi BOTTEGA | 612 Davis St.
- Ayla’s Originals | 1511 Sherman Ave.
- Uncle Dan’s Outfitters | 1600 Sherman Ave. ** closes at 7pm **
- Asha Salon and Spa | 1602 Sherman Ave., 2nd Floor
- The Spice & Tea Exchange of Evanston | 1615 Sherman Ave.
- The Alley Gallery | 1712 Sherman Ave. (alley)
- Bookends & Beginnings | 1712 Sherman Ave. (alley)
- Floyd’s 99 Barbershop | 1741 Sherman Ave.
- Evanston Pop Up Gallery | 1627 Sherman Ave.
- Benefit Cosmetics – Evanston Boutique | 1625 Sherman Ave. ** closes at 7pm **
- Bottle & Bottega Evanston | 1016 Davis St. [Check-in here!]
- SPENGA | 1026 Davis St.
- TITLE Boxing Club Evanston | 1029 Davis St.
- One River School | 1033 Davis St.
- CYCLEBAR | 1702 Maple Ave.
- Steven Papageorge Salons | 1721 Sherman Ave.
- Beck’s Book Store at Northwestern University | 706 Clark St.
Special thanks to First Bank & Trust for sponsoring this event.
You can grab graduation gifts, Pride month adornments, and a variety of other pieces while you shop around Downtown Evanston. The Pop Up Gallery is filled with gifts for everyone from a variety of local artists.
Or just pick up a present for yourself, we won’t judge!