On Saturday, February 10 I return to theÂ Handmade Market ChicagoÂ to sell Valentines to anyone who wants them. The handmade market is held monthly from 12 to 4 pm at The Empty Bottle at 1035 N Western Avenue in Chicago.
More than 30 artists are participating and offering funky jewelry, knitted items, clothing, baked goods, handbags, paper crafts, and skincare.Â The Empty BottleÂ starts serving at noon, so feel free to shop with mimosas in hand. You can also grab brunch at the tastyÂ Bite cafeÂ next door.
I will be at the March and April events as well. This month, you’ll visit with:
- Affinity Design Co. by Geena Sondy ~ Leather and canvas goods, each item is made with love and care in the Chicago studio.
- Big Alâ€™s WonderlandÂ by Alison Martin ~ Old t-shirts and leather products and create new recycled tops with the materials and fashion illustrations.
- Bohemian ChemistryÂ by Erica Sykes ~ Beautiful hand crafted soaps and bath products with a rock-n-roll flair created by a licensed pharmacist.
- Damsel In This DressÂ Designs by Heather Flett ~ Cool stuff for women who donâ€™t need to be rescued. Purses, totes, bags, and more.
- Design Delights LtdÂ by Linda Sue Collins ~ Treasure chest of handcrafted gemstone jewelry featuring semi-precious stone, amber, pearl, shell, crystal, glass, wood, leather, fiber, sterling silver, & more!
- Eclectic Redesigns by Julie Matos ~ Handmade metal jewelry designed from all recycled materials such as salvaged copper, vintage components, and found objects. Each piece is made using a primitive metal-smithing technique, completely by hand, no machinery.
- EMRIS by Emily Christopherson ~ Quality ceramic wares made for everyday use, with an emphasis on simple forms and tactile materials.
- GretchenC StudioÂ by Gretchen Colavito ~ Original beaded jewelry hand sewn with needle and thread, inspired by Tribal Art, Couture fashion, the Victorian Era, and Belle Epoque Eras.
- Handmade by MichelleÂ by Michelle Keim ~ Simple, classic handmade jewelry in silver, copper, and other fine metals. Necklaces, Earrings, and other jewelry with a modern, minimalist feel.
- Into the Pines JewelryÂ by Carlie Merkle ~ Jewelry made of unique, upcycled pieces as well as hand-wrapped gemstones.
- Kelly McRay Ceramics by Kelly McRay ~ handmade pottery for the home. She puts detail and care into each piece hoping that her pottery will bring a little extra joy into everyday life.
- LuDesigns Creations by Lucy Clasen ~ Silver smith, lapidary, leather, stamped and beaded jewelry. Some fiber art and greeting cards. Offering items for males has been an addition to my line.
- Madame Platypus by Rachel Katzman ~ Cards/prints. Crochet dolls/toys. Humorous resin pendants w/ chain.
- made by Q (Made by Q) by Lindsey Quaglio ~ Eco friendly handmade goods. Resuse..Recycleâ€¦Rethink
- Maike’s MarvelsÂ by Maike Van Wijk ~ Pendants, earrings, necklaces, keychains, bracelets and ornaments are hand-wrangled from steel wire and then embellished with encaustic-medium-treated paper or vintage ephemera to gift to your loved ones or for yourself.
- MojoOwlÂ by Nors Beatriz ~ Jewelry from natural raw gem stones. I often mix them with recycled jewelry to make new wearables. Lots of love, light and energy goes into them. I also recently designed a very cute Chicago charm. Itâ€™s an angel wing that says â€œChicagoâ€ on it.
- Natalie Walser (Natalie Walser Art) ~ Original arts and prints, pottery and cat toys, all exploring the joys and the hilarity of urban modern life.
- Naturally Refreshed Essential Oil KreationsÂ by Nicole Singleton ~ Essential oil infused products for everyday relief perfectly crafted. Pregnant and Breastfeeding Friendly.
- OlioÂ by Billie Moore ~ Handcrafted, one-of-a-kind handbags created with my own original, hand-stamped patterned canvas fabric, paired with reclaimed leather; unique, versatile and functional with several two-in-one styles.
- Pure & Simple StudioÂ by Maggie Lamain and Molly Manson ~ Provides handmade, all-natural products to our customers. We are focused on healthy skin care and household cleaning products.
- Pure PrinciplesÂ by Cheryl McSherry ~ Skin care using organic botanicals, herbs, and oils without the use of any chemicals, additivies, or toxic ingredients.
- RedAvaDesignsÂ by Roslyn Broder ~ Handcrafted earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings using vintage and contemporary beads and components, as well as handmade and hand-forged enamel, sterling silver, and copper jewelry.
- rj studio inc.Â by Rashida ~ Handmade jewelry, stationery, and accessories.
- Serenity Es-Scents by Peggy Britman ~ Pure vegetable wax candles, infused with natural aroma blends, hand-poured into lovely vintage jars to create a soft light and peaceful ambience.
- SHE CHIC Accessories by Ebony Edwards ~ Funky leather cuff bracelets to laser cut acrylic earrings, all pieces are handmade with blood, sweat, and wine.
- SunshineIsHappinessÂ by Susan Lechner ~ Oil hand painted magnets, canvas boards, coasters, and prints, some are sweet, some are whimsical, but all are created to bring you warmth and happiness.
- The Family VeganÂ by Christine Kane ~ We use reclaimed items as the basis of most of our artwork. Handpainted items, repurposed handstamped forks, tiles on easels etc.
- What Jenny MakesÂ by Jenny Ross ~ Colorful and fun to wear hand dyed silk scarves and wet and nuno felted accessories.
Handmade Market Chicago is a unique event to connect the makers of beautiful things to people who appreciate the unique and handmade. Each event is held on the second Saturday of every month, from the months of October – April. You must be 21 or older, and kids must be accompanied by an adult. Parking: Street Transit: #49 Western bus.