This year, Brenda Schweder of Now That’s a Jig! Fame will offer 20 in-booth workshops. The Now That’s a Jig! Booth, number 907, will be teeming with wire designers who will offer their own unique designs to help familiarize you with the Jig. These JigUFacturers have created earrings, pendants, a bracelet and a ring for you to make and take, for just $19 per one-hour session.
You will meet Jig inventor Brenda Schweder and several JigUFacturer Design Team Members, as well as SuperUser, Judy Menting. Classes include:
- Pretty as a Peacock Ring with Judy Menting/Now That’s a Jig!
- NuNavette Earrings with Denise Peck/Now That’s a Jig!
- Rainbow Pendant Ornament with Marti Brown/Now That’s a Jig!
- Foreverness Bracelet by Susan LeGuyader/Now That’s a Jig!
- NorseTalisman Pendant Necklace by Jeryl Swanson Black/Now That’s a Jig!
- TripleDrop Chandelier Earrings with JoEllen Fritchen/Now That’s a Jig!
- SpringyBling Post Earrings with Araceli Macias/Now That’s a Jig!
- Kinetic BohoFringe Necklace with Kathryn Tetzlaff/Now That’s a Jig!
- Infinity Flower Stake with Maike van Wijk/Now That’s a Jig!
- MisMatched PomPom Earrings with Brenda Schweder/Now That’s a Jig!
You can sign up via Facebook or on Eventbrite-note that the events are in the Bead & Button Show booth in Milwaukee, unlike Eventbrite’s Pewaukee indicator.
If you know nothing about Now That’s a Jig! Or if you never got yours out of the box, take Brenda’s Start to the StartrPeg 101 class on June 3 from 6-9 pm. This class fee is $114: “There are many great jewelry designs you can create with only the NTaJ! StartrPegs! Get your jig out of its box and explore as many of The StartrPeg 101 (designs made from peg set-ups using only the 16 round pegs included in the kit we start you off with) as we can work through together in the express version of this fabulous new workshop. You’ll leave energized to keep your jig at-the-ready in your home studio to work your way through the rest of the 101!”
I am teaching Infinity Flower Stake on Friday morning at 10:30 a.m. and Saturday morning at 11:30 a.m. Then I’ll just be browsing the market and hanging out with friends. I also have my eye on the SpringyBling Post Earrings, Rainbow Pendant Ornament and Pretty as a Peacock Ring sessions.
For a sneak peek at some of these designs you can check out Brenda Schweder live on Facebook Mondays and Thursdays. She’s already demonstrated the Pompom earrings.
The Bead&Button Show takes place at the Wisconsin Center, 400 West Wisconsin Ave, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Classes are also held at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Milwaukee and the Hilton Milwaukee City Center.