Fall is making its entrance, and the warm weather has people predicting that the leaves won’t stay on trees very long.
Recently I basked in the glorious sunshine that cast a special vibrant glow on the trees.
I love the three-toned trees this time of year.
I am surprised to still see butterflies fluttering and hear crickets in the thick grass, but am going to enjoy nature’s concerts as long as it lasts.
In mid-October Cicadas were still singing, and birdies are doing their thing.
The lake continues to provide peace and perspective.
Maybe I can sneak away to a nature preserve in November to forest bathe a bit.
But the local parks have plenty of beauty to offer.
This week the colder weather will call for coats and socks instead of t-shirts and sandals.
It has been lovely to have summer linger for a bit though.
I hope the color change holds for a little bit.
Here’s to joyous days playing in the leaves.
Seasons are a wonderful reminder of the cycles in life.
Enjoy your pre-Halloween week!
When there are no words, nature soothes us with its golden beauty.
Here’s to perspective, hope in the good, and the land of Spare Oom.
10 things I am grateful for this year:
1. The deepening of relationships and appreciating each person in my life for their unique qualities
2. Embracing opportunities instead of shying away from them
3. Seeing myself through other people’s eyes and liking their reflection of me
4. Being encouraged to challenge myself and enjoying the growth it brings
5. Joining small communities and savoring the spirit of acceptance and camaraderie
6. Living in this day and age, and learning from all the inspirational ladies present and past
7. Being an empath in spite of the emotional challenges that brings
8. Resilience in spite of the disappointment, sadness and loss that comes with living life to the fullest
9. Living in a beautiful world that holds so many wonders and joys every day
10. The knowledge that love is always around me and within me, which makes all things possible
Tomorrow is Halloween, but this year I am more in Samhain mode.
I don’t know of any costume parties to go to, though the coming weekend is packed.
So here are some photos of the glorious Fall colors we’re having this month.
I love the brilliance of the golds and reds.
The ‘stoplight’ trees are my favorite.
The skies are a glorious blue and the sun is out with its brilliance.
We still have some bunnies hopping about.
he trees are so brilliant.
Watching the progression is fascinating.
I can’t help but think of Monty Python when the leaves flutter about me.
Here’s hoping the Indian Summer weather holds for a few more weeks into November.
Saturday I’ll be in Lemont for a craft show from 9-12:30 with these three pieces.
I’ll pop by Aurora Rose Boutique afterwards where they have lots of fun Halloween gifts!
Want more trees?
I can’t get enough either.
Happy change of season to you!
May you harvest much goodness.
Don’t you love the rainbows nature creates?
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
The leaves are beginning to drop in bunches and the colorings are gorgeous.
We’ve lucked out with some Indian Summer weather too and cloudless skies.
I snapped some pictures at my local nature preserve.
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
Glorious are the woods in their latest gold and crimson,
Yet our full-leaved willows are in their freshest green.
Such a kindly autumn, so mercifully dealing
With the growths of summer, I never yet have seen.
~William Cullen Bryant, Third of November
How are you celebrating Fall?
Quotes from wikiquote