Last month’s Handmade Market Chicago was a blast as always, and I return on Saturday for the last one of the season.
Hosted by Handmade Market Chicago and The Empty Bottle, vendors will be available Saturday from 12 to 4 p.m. The Empty Bottle is located at 1035 N Western Avenue in Chicago. Admission is free to adults over 21. Minors must be accompanied to enter.
The Empty Bottle starts serving at noon, so feel free to shop with mimosas in hand. You can also grab brunch at the tasty Bite cafe next door. Markets include funky jewelry, knitted items, clothing, baked goods, handbags, paper crafts, skincare and more.
This month features myself of course, and I will replenish my stakes and musical pendants.
Other vendors include:
- Acutechic, LLC by Ruby Thomas ~ Upcycled and handmade women’s clothing, jewelry and accessories.
- B’Love Bath Boutique by Stephanie Williams ~ Handcrafted artisan bath treats made with skin loving oils and ingredients.
- BsurprisedVibes by Brittany Peto ~ Simply casual, elegant yet fun, gemstone jewelry, all beads and pendants are hand selected and strung with love.
- Burning Midnight Oil by Kara Schultz ~ Narrative inspired, hand carved, relief prints and I am in the process of exploring hand embroidery.
- Clix2pix by Georgia Velisaris ~ Unique Chicago, Galapagos Islands animals, International, and seasonal themed mini-collages. She also makes Chicago/Galapagos Islands themed coloring books and prints of her Chicago themed Mixed Media artwork.
- Crystal Gravy by Heather McCall, Sara Fagala and Eliza Epstein ~ Rock and roll inspired clothing line, using upcycled items. Creating original pieces inspired by the 70’s, velvet, tie dye, leather and metal bands.
- Damsel In This Dress Designs by Heather Flett ~ Cool stuff for women who don’t need to be rescued. Purses, totes, bags, and more.
- Debbie’s Designs by Deborah Solomon ~ Handmade sterling silver jewelry with precious and semi-precious stones.
- Design Delights Ltd by Linda Sue Collins ~ Treasure chest of handcrafted gemstone jewelry featuring semi-precious stone, amber, pearl, shell, crystal, glass, wood, leather, fiber, sterling silver, & more!
- GretchenC Studio by Gretchen Colavito ~ Original beaded jewelry hand sewn with needle and thread, inspired by Tribal Art, Couture fashion, the Victorian Era, and Belle Epoque Eras.
- Handmade by Michelle by Michelle Keim ~ Simple, classic handmade jewelry in silver, copper, and other fine metals. Necklaces, Earrings, and other jewelry with a modern, minimalist feel.
- Into the Pines Jewelry by Carlie Merkle ~ Jewelry made of unique, upcycled pieces as well as hand-wrapped gemstones.
- Jewelrybuyz – Handmade Jewelry by Zehra Ucar Layton ~ Unique jewelry pieces using mixed media arts, beads, crocheting, polymer clay, resin, etc.
- Ceramics by Kelly McRay ~ Handmade pottery for the home. She puts detail and care into each piece hoping that her pottery will bring a little extra joy into everyday life.
- Little Wing Folk Art by Bridgit Gallagher ~ The ever-growing artistic journey of a Chicago-native and self-taught artist. Her art can be described as surrealist mixed-media folk art, influenced by nature, space, Buddhism, and political resistance.
- LuDesigns Creations by Lucy Clasen ~ Silver smith, lapidary, leather, stamped and beaded jewelry. Some fiber art and greeting cards. Offering items for males has been an addition to my line.
- Maike’s Marvels by Maike Van Wijk ~ Pendants, earrings, necklaces, keychains, bracelets and ornaments are hand-wrangled from steel wire and then embellished with encaustic-medium-treated paper or vintage ephemera to gift to your loved ones or for yourself.
- MiBolsa by Judi Kickel ~ Durable upholstery fabrics of mixed color, pattern, and texture to create pleasing designs in my one of a kind messenger bags, totes, and wall hangings.
- Natalie Walser Art ~ Original arts and prints, pottery and cat toys, all exploring the joys and the hilarity of urban modern life.
- Naturally Refreshed Essential Oil Kreations by Nicole Singleton ~ Essential oil infused products for everyday relief perfectly crafted. Pregnant and Breastfeeding Friendly.
- Pi Design Prints by Lauren Bautista ~ Handmade coasters and prints based on the three things I love most: craft beer, Chicago, and geeky things. All beer coasters are upcycled from actual 6 pack holders and beer labels and the rest are original designs.
- Pure Principles by Cheryl McSherry ~ Skin care using organic botanicals, herbs, and oils without the use of any chemicals, additivies, or toxic ingredients.
- rj studio inc. by Rashida ~ Handmade jewelry, stationery, and accessories.
- Rose Buds Chicago by Mariya Sicilian ~ All natural badass skincare, everything is handmade in Chicago and all products are approved by the Leaping Bunny Program!
- Sonrie Bags by Emma Grigsby ~ Handmade items to make you smile and serve a practical purpose in your life.
- stephXstitch by Stephanie Rohr ~ Cross stitch is cool again! I use this traditional method to create one-of-a-kind, sassy and subversive art that is cheeky, fun, and still beautiful to look at.
- SunshineIsHappiness by Susan Lechner ~ Oil hand painted magnets, canvas boards, coasters, and prints, some are sweet, some are whimsical, but all are created to bring you warmth and happiness.
- The Family Vegan by Christine Kane ~ We use reclaimed items as the basis of most of our artwork. Handpainted items, repurposed handstamped forks, tiles on easels etc.
- Third Coast Canine by Melissa Szwan ~ Dog collars, bandanas and bowties — handmade with home town pride for your best friend.
- Tiddleywink Toffee The Thin English Delight by Laurie Norris ~ Single handmade batches of the Thin English Delight has a very thin toffee base slathered in milk or dark chocolate covered with various toppings, sure to please everyone’s palate.
It is always fun to go home with less than what I brought.
Handmade Market Chicago is a unique event to connect the makers of beautiful things to people who appreciate the unique and handmade. Each event is held on the second Saturday of every month, from the months of October – April from noon to 4 p.m. The next one will be in October! Street parking is available in surrounding blocks. Transit: #49 Western bus.
I couldn’t resist an opal steampunk ring by Scranton Steam and picked up yummy cream for my hands from Soapably.
So put on your sassy pants and join us!